Whether you’re thinking about a major renovation project or simply want to update your home, changing your floors is a convenient way to make a vivid change in your home. Consider your bathrooms because not only is a polished concrete bathroom non-slippery, it has many other appealing characteristics.
So, let us take a look at some of its benefits.
Benefits of the polished concrete floor:
- There will be no chance of dirt being trapped in the weaves.
- It is a popular method of resurfacing cracked or stained concrete.
- It has Unlimited design and color choices.
- Polished concrete floors are safe and slip-resistant.
- It allows moisture or water to vaporize and let the concrete floors take in the air naturally.
- It will not get peeled, chipped or bubbled.
- Polished concrete floors are of great strength and durability.
- It does not absorb salt or oil.
- Polished concrete floors can resist extreme temperature changes.
- It can be cleaned easily just by using a vacuum, broom, damp or hose mop.
- Polished concrete floors are environmentally friendly.
A professional contractor could guide you in planning your color preferences and coordinating the colors. A professional will give you the instant ability to visualize design and colors of the choices available to you without spending so much time researching magazines and books.
Non slippery surface:
Regular cleaning of polished concrete floors is generally smoother and glossier than plain surfaces. But, those who are extra careful against slip-and-fall accidents can use anti-slip conditioners on these floors. It is because anti-slip conditioners contain some special elements to make the polished surface harmless. However, anti-slip conditioners must be applied occasionally, you can simply mop on during routine cleaning.
Polished concrete floors minimize the effects that produce urban heat. Concrete floors, roofs, and pavements absorb less heat and reflect more solar emission than dark-colored materials.
New material of choice:
Polished concrete floors with its various colors, molds, and stains have modified glory and these are popping up in walkways, grocery stores, patios, pool decks, fast food establishments, hotels, trendy restaurants, shopping malls, retail outlets, residential, offices and entryways all over the place.
To make your home appealing… give a thought to polished concrete floors.